Sunday, May 3, 2015

Eclipse Error Solution

I was merely creating a JSF project in Eclipse Luna and I kept hitting this issue:

Failed while installing Dynamic Web Module 3.0.
Reason:
Could not set the project description for 'Reanimate Max Headroom' because the project description file (.project) is out of sync with the file system.

For my Windows install, I did the following:

1) I followed the other advice online using Help->"Install New Software" to install:
    a. Eclipse Java EE Developer Tools
    b. Eclipse Java Web Development Tools

2) I moved my workspace to my "c drive" and the error went away. My workspace had been on a UNC path to a Synology NAS SMB share.

Apparently Eclipse doesn't like UNC paths, or maybe SMB, or specifically my Synology diskstation.
I tried lots of combinations, but the file path seemed to be the main issue.

No comments: