Monday, February 2, 2009

Frack the BEEP (in BSG podcasts)

There is a great Battlestar Galactica podcast where the Executive Producer, Ronald D. Moore, discusses each episode and the decisions and circumstances that affected aspects of the show. Very interesting and insightful.

I listen to podcasts as I drive to and from work, and unfortunately I can't listen to this one. His podcasts for each show are constructed from segments, and those segments are separated by something that sounds like an industry standard scene-change extended BEEP. Unfortunately he speaks softly enough that I have to turn up the volume to hear him, and the BEEPs are unexpected and ear-piercing. I'm convinced that he has never listened to his own podcast.

I just posted this to podcast alley for that podcast (http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=1819):

"Not recommended for listening while driving. Great podcast, but he speaks softly, and the transition beeps are very loud and unexpected. In the car I have to turn it up enough to hear him and I do a massive flinch each time it beeps, and I'm concerned that I'll run off the road. Ronald D. Moore, you need to listen to your own podcast, maybe while you're driving or working out. You'll want the beeps reduced in volume too."

No comments: