Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Web Routines - The Beginning

Navigate through your favorite web sites with a natural flow. Let your web browser help.

I had this compelling idea back in 1998 and began to secretly pursue it. We were in the middle of the Dot-com Bubble and this new web browsing concept that had more potential than most of the products of the day that were getting millions of dollars from VCs and IPOs. I was more interested in product success than a quick sellout. Now, after almost 10 years I’d built a proof of concept, seen its addictiveness, acquired a patent (7 years after the initial filing), and approached Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Apple, etc... about acquiring the technology.

Big companies have very strict (paranoid) rules about receiving unsolicited product ideas, due to concern over law suits, and would prefer to have an idea be public knowledge before give it any consideration. I, on the other hand, felt it was a golden opportunity for an Internet savvy corporation to benefit by offering unique features before their competitors.

Now that the key companies are aware of my pursuit, and they need the concepts to be more visible before further consideration, I am posting the ideas. I’ve committed a lot to this effort across the last 10 years, and before a large company can deny or dictate terms of public use, I will use this opportunity to spell out the terms at which the public may utilize my work without cost or fear of cease-and-desist retribution.

[ Return to index (Web Routines) ]

No comments: